Product Description & Reviews
Used most commonly for Telescopes and some Finders. Note, brands shown above are only a guide. Manufacturers sometimes make changes so we strongly recommend the outside diameter (O.D.) of your instrument's aperture tube be measured to be sure the correct filter is chosen. Choose the closest outer cell's inner diameter (I.D.) size larger than the O.D. of your instrument. Example: part numbers BP4250, G4250, and S-4250 have an outer cell I.D. size of 4 1/4". They will fit O.D. telescope measurements from 4" to 4 3/16". Do not choose a size the same as your O.D. since it will be too tight and not allow room for a felt lining. Ample felt is included for custom fitting. - We only sell Thousand Oaks Optical (TOO) solar filters, the leading manufacturer that has been making safe solar filters for 35 years. - Safely view the sun anytime, including during all phases of an eclipse with TOO solar filter sheets, lens filters, glasses, or viewers. TOO's exclusive high quality substrates provide superior safety features, sharper solar images, and a pleasing orange solar image. All products meet CE requirements. Only TOO has CE and ISO certification. Safe for unlimited visual and photographic use. Transmission: 1/1,000th of 1% (Optical Density 5). - TOO products were exclusively chosen by NASA for use aboard the Space Shuttles. Other professional users include: ABC, BBC CBS, NBC, CNN, NOVA, The Discovery Channel, National Geographic, and most major universities and observatories throughout the world. TOO uses the latest technology for manufacturing and developing new products. Tens of thousands of their solar filters and millions of their solar eclipse viewers are used world wide.
Features & Highlights
- Measurements: (Clear Aperture size (viewing area) 203mm\8.00") (Outer Cell's I.D. "Inner Diameter" size 233mm\9.187" - This measurement should be 1/16" - 1/4" larger than the aperture tube of your telescope, finder, or dew shield lens holder's O.D. "Outer Diameter")
- NEW (Best Value); After years of R & D Thousand Oaks Optical (TOO) has developed a new solar film that has the optical quality of the glass with the advantages of impregnated polymer (TOO's Black Polymer); Will never develop pin holes or scratches that can let in light and ruin a filter
- Consistent yellow-orange solar image, even density with any aperture, and flat surface compared to other thin film filters that have wrinkles and creases; Stronger than any other solar film on the market
- Fits Celestron & Meade 8 S/C Telescopes and more; (Shipped in box, does not include a storage case)
- NOTE: Shipped by USPS (Signature required); ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE SOLAR FILTER IS WELL ATTACHED TO YOUR INSTRUMENT BEFORE OBSERVING; USE ENCLOSED FELT PAD(S) TO ENSURE A SNUG FIT; REMEMBER, DO NOT VIEW THE SUN THROUGH AN UNPROTECTED FINDER SCOPE AS WELL AS YOUR MAIN INSTRUMENT. MAKE SURE TO DETACH OR COVER YOUR FINDER SCOPE IF IT IS UNPROTECTED!
|Manufacturer:||Thousand Oaks Optical|
|Brand:||Thousand Oaks Optical|
|Publisher:||Thousand Oaks Optical|
|Studio:||Thousand Oaks Optical|
|Package Weight:||0.75 pounds|
|Package Size:||10.31 x 2.2 x 2.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Formatt Hitech Limited
mpn: FC77ND4.8, ean: 0886235191818,