Product Description & Reviews
Study the Sun safely with this combination of E-Series Solar Filters and the popular Orion UltraView 10x50 binocular. With the white-light solar filters installed, this combo lets you safely explore the Sun at 10x magnification to see sunspots other solar phenomena. When you don't want to look at the Sun, just remove the E-Series Solar Filters from the 10x50 binocular and use it without filters to explore daytime vistas and starry skies. Orion UltraView 10x50 Wide-Angle Binoculars are the ultimate in eyeglass- and sunglass-friendly binoculars! Their extra-long 22mm eye relief allows the full field of view to be seen with eyeglasses on, simply by retracting the twist-lock rubber eyecups. UltraView binoculars are also long on optical quality. UltraViews feature the finest BAK-4 glass prisms, and lenses finely ground and polished to exacting specifications. All lens and prism air-to-glass surfaces are fully multi-coated, providing much higher light transmission than can be achieved with the standard coatings offered on most other binoculars. Once installed on 50mm binoculars, these E-Series Solar Filters display the Sun in a pleasing, natural yellow-orange color unlike the unnatural blue shade cast by some other types of filters. The yellow-orange image of the Sun yields high levels of contrast and clarity for sharp solar views. The lightweight solar filter housings feature an inside diameter (ID) of 2.54", which means they fit binoculars whose objective lens barrels have an outer diameter between 2.38"-2.5" (60.3mm-63.5mm). Their 2.54" inside diameter makes these solar filters a perfect fit when installed on Orion 10x50 UltraView binoculars. Warning: Never look directly at the Sun through binoculars-even for an instant-without professionally made solar filters that completely cover the front lenses of the instrument, or permanent eye damage could result.
Features & Highlights
- Use this solar filter set and binocular combo to safely explore the Sun
- Included 10x50 UltraView Binocular provides 10-power magnification with extra-long 22mm eye relief for comfortable viewing while wearing eyeglasses
- Attach the included E-Series Solar Filters to the 10x50 binocular to view the Sun safely
- Remove the E-Series Solar Filters for great views of wildlife, scenery, and starry skies
- CAUTION: Never look directly at the Sun, even for an instant, through binoculars without solar filters installed that completely cover the front lenses
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.