Product Description & Reviews
Designed to fit snugly over the aperture of your telescope, these optical glass filters block 99.999% of incoming sunlight, allowing you to safely observe sunspots and solar granulation in the Sun's photosphere. The Sun appears in a natural, whitish color. The glass elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with nickel-chromium stainless steel for a scratch-resistant surface. Each filter has three nylon thumbscrews to ensure a snug fit to the front of your telescope or binocular. The thumbscrews complement the press-fit foam lining inside the filter's durable aluminum cell to accommodate diameters up to 1/4" smaller than the nominal size. A tight press fit is still required for safe solar viewing. Lifetime limited warranty. CAUTION: Never look at the Sun, either directly or through a telescope, without a professionally made protective solar filter installed that completely covers the front of the instrument, or permanent eye damage could result.
Features & Highlights
- A must-have, white light filter for safely observing the sun and sunspots without damaging your eyes
- Optical glass filter fits snugly over your telescope's aperture to block 99.999% of incoming sunlight
- Glass elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with nickel-chromium stainless steel
- Filter is mounted in an aluminum cell and supplied with foam tape liner - fits Orion SkyQuest XT10, XT10i IntelliScope, XT10g GoTo Dobsonians and Atlas 10 reflector telescopes
- Note: All Orion solar filters are designed for use with an adequate friction fit attachment. Thumbscrews should ONLY be used to keep filter securely in place once a friction fit has been achieved
|Package Weight:||2.25 pounds|
|Package Size:||14.2 x 2 x 2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.