Product Description & Reviews
Designed to fit snugly over the aperture of your telescope, these optical glass filters block 99.999% of incoming sunlight, allowing you to safely observe sunspots and solar granulation in the Sun's photosphere. The Sun appears in a natural, whitish color. The glass elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with nickel-chromium stainless steel for a scratch-resistant surface. Each filter has three nylon thumbscrews to ensure a snug fit to the front of your telescope or binocular. The thumbscrews complement the press-fit foam lining inside the filter's durable aluminum cell to accommodate diameters up to 1/4" smaller than the nominal size. A tight press fit is still required for safe solar viewing. Lifetime limited warranty. CAUTION: Never look at the Sun, either directly or through a telescope, without a professionally made protective solar filter installed that completely covers the front of the instrument, or permanent eye damage could result. WARNING! When using a truss tube Dobsonian for solar observing, always use a Light Shroud and a properly sized solar filter. Make sure there are no gaps between the Shroud and the telescope where direct sunlight can reach the mirror, otherwise eye injury or damage to the telescope can occur. Before using any telescope for solar observing, install protective covers on all optical components. Glancing through an uncovered optical system can cause permanent eye damage. Always install protective caps on all optical instruments if left out during daylight hours.
Features & Highlights
- White-light solar filter fits Orion SkyQuest XT12 Dobsonian telescope and XX12 Truss Tube Dobsonian telescopes for great views of sunspots and the solar surface
- Safely covers entire telescope aperture, with a 4" off-axis glass filter which allows safe solar viewing
- Filter inside diameter is 14.21" and each Orion telescope solar filter fits tube diameters up to 0.25" smaller than specified size
- Each Orion telescope solar filter includes three equidistant thumbscrews, 4x 1/16" thick adhesive foam tabs, and 4x 1/8" thick adhesive foam tabs for customized friction fit to your telescope
- Note: All Orion solar filters are designed for use with an adequate friction fit attachment. Thumbscrews should ONLY be used to keep filter securely in place once a friction fit has been achieved
|Package Weight:||1.55 pounds|
|Package Size:||16 x 2.6 x 2.6 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Solar Light Company, Inc
mpn: Solarmeter Model 5.0, ean: 0697284161017,