The Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imager IV is equipped with features that make it easy to take your own pictures of objects in our solar system. Its 1/3 inch format CMOS imaging sensor with a 1280 x 1024 pixel layout can take sharply detailed planetary and lunar astrophotos. Each pixel is a mere 3.6µm x 3.6µm in size for exceptional image resolution in 24-bit RGB color. Since the 8-bit output StarShoot Solar System Color Imager IV is progressive scan, all pixels will be used for each and every exposure. At full 1280 x 1024 resolution, you can capture up to 15 frames per second. By stacking multiple exposures to create a single picture, you can increase image detail significantly. The Imager's 1.25inch nosepiece is threaded for 1.25 inch filters, so you can use astrophotography filters and color visual filters to enhance your shots. The StarShoot Solar System Color Imager IV features an integrated IR-cut filter to block both ultraviolet and infrared light. These wavelengths of light can degrade image quality, so by blocking them, the IR-cut filter helps to optimize contrast in all your astrophotos. The included Orion AmCap software provides the means to capture images in the popular AVI movie format which are downloaded to your computer through its high speed USB 2.0 connection with the included 58 inch long USB cable. Website links are provided in the launcher to download popular free image processing software to be used with your AVI files to further enhance your astrophotos. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Included imaging and processing software is now compatible with Apple Mac OS X systems as well as Windows 8, 7, Vista (32 bit & 64 bit), and XP operating systems.
Features & Highlights
- Now compatible with Apple computers and laptops! Included software is now Mac OS X compatible (up to OS X 10.10), as well as Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista (32 bit & 64 bit), and XP operating systems
- Our fourth generation planetary imaging camera provides an affordable way to acquire stunning astrophotos of our neighbors in the solar system
- Features a 1/3 inch format color CMOS imaging chip with a very small 3.6 microns x 3.6 microns pixel size for exceptional resolution
- Camera sensor features a 1280 x 1024 pixel layout with 1.3 megapixel resolution, progressive scan imaging uses all pixels for each exposure
- Features a 1.25 inch nosepiece threaded for 1.25 inch filters so you can enhance your astrophotos easily
|Manufacturer:||Optronic Technologies, Inc|
|Publisher:||Optronic Technologies, Inc|
|Studio:||Optronic Technologies, Inc|
|Item Weight:||0.16 pounds|
|Item Size:||2.5 x 2.75 x 2.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.5 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.3 x 3.4 x 3.4 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Orion, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
mpn: FBA_GHOBG008, ean: 0643217498590,
You are at the café below your apartment, sipping on a cup of coffee, minding your own business when you suddenly hear a woman scream. You turn around to see a guy in a mask, brandishing a gun. He shouts out a command for everyone except the girl b...