Product Description & Reviews
Who said you have to be in the dark to enjoy astronomy? Turning your telescope to the Sun is fun and educational. Watch the march of giant sunspots, the clouds of glowing vapor in the photosphere, and solar granulation detail. But be sure to protect your precious vision with a safe Orion solar filter! Looking at the Sun without one, even for an instant, can permanently damage your eyes. Superior to Mylar These full-aperture optical glass telescope filters deliver superb views of the Sun, without risk to your eyes. While more expensive than Mylar filters, Orion glass solar filters provide better contrast, a more natural yellow-orange color instead of blue, and their glass and aluminum construction is much more durable. They're ideal for photographing the Sun too! The glass elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with an advanced nickel-chromium stainless steel alloy for a scratch-resistant surface. The filter passes only a fraction of the incoming light, rejecting harmful ultraviolet and infrared radiation. Each Orion filter is mounted in an aluminum cell that slide-fits over the front of your telescope.
Features & Highlights
- A must-have filter for safe observation of the sun through a telescope without damaging your eyes - optical glass filter fits snugly over your telescope's aperture to block 99.9 percent of incoming sunlight
- Fits Orion Observer 70mm, ShortTube 80mm, StarSeeker 80mm, and AstroView 90mm refractors; Apex and StarMax 90mm Mak-Cass telescopes; and other models
- Each Orion telescope solar filter is mounted in a foam-lined aluminum cell featuring three equidistant securing thumbscrews, 4x 1/16 inch thick adhesive foam tabs, and 4x 1/8 inch thick adhesive foam tabs for customized friction fit to your telescope
- Filter inside diameter is 4.10 inch - fits optical tubes with an outer diameter of 3.85 inch to 4.10 inch with included shim materials and securing thumbscrews
- Note: All Orion solar filters are designed for use with an adequate friction fit attachment. Thumbscrews should ONLY be used to keep filter securely in place once a friction fit has been achieved
|Manufacturer:||Optronic Technologies, Inc|
|Publisher:||Optronic Technologies, Inc|
|Studio:||Optronic Technologies, Inc|
|Item Size:||4.5 x 1.1 x 1.1 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.05 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.4 x 2.4 x 2.4 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.