Product Description & Reviews
These are precut 9" X 12" sheets of Helios Solar Film that is safe for direct solar viewing. They allow only .001% of sunlight to pass through them therefore have a neutral density of 5. They can be used under magnification and are therefore safe to use with any telescope, refractor, binoculars, view finders, spotting scopes or cameras. Use it for direct viewing or to make your own eclipse viewers and solar filters. It can be used to view the sun with the naked eye. Only one layer is needed and can be cut with scissors or a sharp razor. The material is .002 thick and is very sturdy and easy to work with. A natural yellow-orange image of the sun is viewed through the film. You will be able to see sun spots, surface granulation, eclipses, and planet transits when magnified. Before looking through the film at the sun be sure there are no pinholes, scratches, or tears.
Features & Highlights
- All Seymour Solar products meet the ISO 12312-2 requirements. Our Helios Solar Glass and Helios Film block out 99.999% of the light and all harmful UV & IR rays.
- Use it to make your own eclipse viewers and solar filters.
- Durable Helios Solar Film..
- It can be used under magnification and is therefore safe to use with any telescope, refractor, binoculars, view finders, or spotting scopes.
- We have had experience with solar filter manufacturing for 10 years.
|Package Weight:||6 pounds|
|Package Size:||18 x 4 x 4 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.