Product Description & Reviews
These are precut 9" X 12" sheets of Helios Solar Film that is safe for direct solar viewing. They have a rating of Neutral Density 5, which blocks 99.999% of all light, including harmful IR and UV rays. They can be used under magnification and are safe to use with any telescope, binoculars, cameras or any optical device. Use them for direct viewing or to make your own eclipse viewers and solar filters. They can be used to view the sun with the naked eye. Only one layer is needed and can be cut with scissors or a sharp razor. The material is .002" thick, very durable and easy to work with. A natural yellow-orange image of the sun is viewed through the film. Dependent on the size and strength of your optical device, you will be able to see sunspots, solar granulation (suns photosphere), eclipses, and planet transits. Before looking through the film at the sun be sure there are no pinholes, scratches, or tears. WARNING: ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE FILTER IS SECURELY ATTACHED TO THE SKY END OF YOUR TELESCOPE/BINOCULARS/CAMERA, ETC. OUR FILTER SHOULD BE FIRST IN LINE ALWAYS! NEVER OBSERVE THE SUN WITHOUT A PROPERLY ATTACHED FILTER OR WITHOUT PROPER EYE PROTECTION.
Features & Highlights
- All Seymour Solar products meet the ISO 12312-2 requirements. Our Helios Solar Glass® and Helios Film block out 99.999% of all light, including harmful IR & UV rays.
- Use it to make your own eclipse viewers and solar filters.
- Durable Helios Solar Film..
- It can be used under high magnification and is safe to use with any telescope, binoculars, cameras or any optical device.
- We have experience in manufacturing safe solar filters for over a decade.
|Item Weight:||0.81 pounds|
|Package Weight:||0.81 pounds|
|Package Size:||10 x 1 x 1 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
sku: 8Z-3GAE-1L9H, mpn: 2191, ean: 0018208021918,