Product Description & Reviews
Who said you have to be in the dark to do astronomy! Turning your telescope to the Sun is fun and educational. Watch the march of giant sunspots, the clouds of glowing vapor in the photosphere, and solar granulation detail. But be sure to protect your precious vision with safe Orion solar filters! Looking at the Sun without one, even for an instant, can permanently damage your eyes. Superior to Mylar These full-aperture optical glass filters deliver superb views of the Sun, without risk to your eyes. While more expensive than Mylar filters, Orion solar filters provide better contrast, a more natural yellow-orange color rather than blue and are more durable. They're ideal for photographing the Sun too. The glass elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with an advanced nickel-chromium stainless steel alloy for a scratch-resistant surface. The filter passes only a fraction of the incoming light, rejecting harmful ultraviolet and infrared radiation. Each filter is mounted in an aluminum cell that slide-fits over the objective lenses of the binoculars. CAUTION: Never look at the Sun, either directly or through binoculars, without a professionally made protective solar filter installed that completely covers the front of the instrument, or permanent eye damage could result.
Features & Highlights
- Full-aperture optical glass solar filters for binoculars deliver superb views of the Sun, and sunspots, without risk to your eyes or yopur binoculars' optics
- Orion white light glass solar filters provide better contrast and a more natural color than Mylar filters
- Elements are machine-polished and triple-coated with advanced nickel-chromium stainless steel alloy
- Each Orion binocular solar filter includes three equidistant thumbscrews, 4x 1/16" thick adhesive foam tabs, and 4x 1/8" thick adhesive foam tabs for customized friction fit to your binocular
- Note: All Orion binocular solar filters are designed for use with an adequate friction fit. Thumbscrews should ONLY be used to keep filter securely in place once a friction fit has been achieved
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.